Coon Cat Alley Turned Wood Treasures
Woodturnings by Patricia Lloyd and Wayne Peterson
This site is a combination webpage of information about wood and woodturning, and Galleries of our finished turnings, as well as Stories that relate fun tales of our woodturning adventures. There is also a Blog component, where we will upload posts from time to time. This is a work in progress; keep checking back for updates. And, please, give us your feedback, and do not hesitate to ask questions.
Here are some of the topics you may explore:
- Click here or on the About Us tab to learn more about Pat and Wayne
- Find out what lathes we turn on.
- The How-To tab contains a slide show on How to Core a Bowl
- Collaborations are always fun. Click here to read a news article about a collaborative partnership between Pat Lloyd’s woodturning and Douglas Odom’s pineneedle basketry.
- How do we Find the Bowl within the Log? Todd Hoyer has a terrific set of graphics that will help you visualize how grain orientation influences bowl placement.
- Click here for information about the wood species that we like to turn.
- Ever wonder about the meaning of wood terms like spalting, curly, or ambrosia?
- Click here to find out what finish we use and how to care for your bowl.
It really IS all about the Stories: the stories of where the trees come from and how we transform the wood into finished turnings. If you want to read stories of our wood gathering and woodturning adventures, go to the Stories tab or click here.
We also have a Blog. If you are interested, you may sign up to follow the blog by email and receive a notification whenever we put up a new blog post.
And, don’t fail to explore the links contained in the Blogroll located in the footer.